Hello everybody, I just felt like I should share my first builds with you.
1) Flash ROM on Stock HBOOT2) Flash Gapps (Full Gapps by Team PA)
3) Flash Settings FC fix
4) A2SD is pre-installed, activate in terminal via:
5) Fix Hybrid properties:
mount -o rw,remount /system
List of shame:
- Tethering stuff might not work completely
- Notification short-cuts
- Long-press Home
- Some more stuff, please leave feedback in the comments or in my PA support thread here :)
After I posted some general PA teasers last time, I'll drop some pics of AOSPA 2.99 actually running on the HTC Desire.
Jesus Christ, that was a lot of work, but nevertheless, it's working now :)
Things that already work:
- Base ROM
I'm assumming these work, but they need some more testing:
- WiFi- Bluetooth
- Video playback
- Bravo CDMA support
These are partially working:
- UMS, sometimes doesn't show up I think
- PaPrefs: working, but permissions aren't set correctly
- Notification buttons
- Merge more stuff back to PA: Bravo has already been added to their sources, but all the legacy stuff like a2sd, some additions like Termial, the whole framework compatibility changes, the gsm support for old RIL and so much more.
- Gapps: Space is still an issue on our devices. I will probably work with drewis' extgapps solution, but it still has to be written and adjusted
So guys, that's it, I finally descided to release some information about AOSPA 3.+.
For those of you who don't know yet, ParanoidAndroid isn't based on CyanogenMod sources any more (since 2.56) but on AOSP. Whereas this definitely is an improvement for Nexus devices, it's a pain to ensure the compatibility with non-AOSP and especially with legacy devices like the HTC Desire.
But I didn't wait for others to do the job and, as soon as PA uploaded their sources to github.com/ParanoidAndroid, worked intensively on this project for the last week.
The result is a buildable and mostly usable base that is beeing compiled in this very moment,
This does NOT mean you'll see a ROM the next few days, but I think it's important to let you know about the status as soon as I saw the lights at the end of the tunnel. I could have told you earlier, but I wanted to avoid ending as someone who announces but doesn't deliver.
If you want to check out the latest news about ParanoidAndroid, please visit their g+, I highly recommend you to read it.
Forthermore, check out my new github(.com/woh)! I will upload some commits soon, at the moment it's not buildable yet, later this will be the ROM that's the closest to AOSP plus the incredible innovations of PA, adding the Hybrid engine, Per-App
- DPI/Layout, now extended*
- Statusbar/NavigationBar color
- Tablet/Phablet & Phone UI, apply without rebooting
- Expanded Desktop, use Navbar only when needed
- PIE, the latest invention, it's so hot, you can't even describe it, watch it in action here!
* Some apps even change DPI & Layout when you're switching to landscape